Faculty Member Protocols
Since there are many protocols that are required of all of us, this informational sheet is being provided as a quick reference guide for what is expected from you as a faculty member in relation to your students. This guide does not replace the full protocols but is meant to condense and clarify the protocols so as to assist you in your work as a professor. Please read the full protocols carefully and in their entirety to make sure that you are aware of and understand the various procedures for the prevention and mitigation of the spread of COVID-19 on campus.
- Please make sure to submit your signed employee COVID-19 protocols acknowledgment form to administration.
- The screening process may delay entry into the facility. Please factor in time in your commute and arrival to campus.
- Do not come to work if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Call your dean and the faculty secretary to report your illness immediately.
- Masks are required during your time at the University.
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands frequently. Hand Sanitizer will be made available in various “Hand Sanitizing Stations”
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth or nose as much as possible.
- Maintain a distance of at least one meter from others.
- Be sure to maintain room occupancy limits.
- If you begin to experience symptoms of COVID-19 while at work notify administration immediately.
- Laptops are being secured in a lockable cabinet in each classroom. Each faculty secretary will be given a set of all the keys so as to minimize crowding at the Reception area. Please go to your secretary and ask her for the key to the cabinet in the room you are teaching in and sign it out.
- Make sure to return the key and sign it back in when you are done with class.
- Take attendance of all students who are physically present in your class. This will assist us in contact tracing if necessary. Share the list with firstname.lastname@example.org. This should be shared as an excel spreadsheet that you create on google. Since it would be a shared document any additions you make would be seen by administration as soon as you make them. There would only be the need to create one spreadsheet per class, making sure to add the daily attendance to the same document. Secretaries may assist professors with this task.
- Have students disinfect the desk they plan to use before and after class. Cleaning products will be provided.
- If a student develops symptoms during class follow protocols under “ Specific Measures” in the full COVID protocol document. Contact Administration immediately.
- If you have a staggered time for class an alarm on your computer will be set up in your Google classroom so that you and the students will know when to leave for the 15 minute break. If you do not have a staggered time follow the regular schedule.
- When you are done with class, put the laptop back into the cabinet and lock it. Make sure to return the cabinet key to the secretary and sign it back in.
- As an added precaution, kindly disinfect your work area prior to leaving for the day.
- Please report to Administration any students who fail to adhere to the protocols set forth by the University.
NB. You are responsible for adhering to all the protocols even if they are not specifically mentioned in the quick reference guides.