Monica Nizzoli


Phone: (+39) 06 6702427

Office Hours:

Monday to Friday
9.00 – 13:00

The Student Office is the first point of contact for students and strives to give them support and service. From the very beginning of the academic path, it works to help students making their time at the University a unique and rewarding experience. The Student Office assists international students for preparing their arrival in Rome, providing answers to their questions and giving all the information needed: from the visa process to all bureaucratic issues.

Furthermore, we help students in their search for an accommodation in Rome and for a job, if they want to earn a living while studying at the Angelicum. Least but not last, we encourage students to get involved into academic and non-academic initiatives, strengthening and stimulating a vibrant international community.

Long-Term Visa (Over 90 Days)


If you are going to study in Italy for a period longer than 90 days, you must ask for a Long-term visa for study reasons (type D) at your local Italian Consulate or Embassy -Study Purposes. Such visa is valid for one year and it entitles you to travel inside the Schengen Area for a period of 90 days within 6 months.


If you are a Religious, it is also possible to apply for a visa for religious purposes.


The Visa can be released only by the country of origin.


Please see the website of Italian Minister of Foreign Affairs to verify and deepen the given information, depending on your country of origin.


Documents Required


Original and copies of:


  • Pre registration Certificate released by the University, (this document it’s not necessary if you apply for a religion purposes visa),
  • Health Insurance for the full period of stay and valid in all Schengen area countries. The policy must cover expenses in the event of emergency treatments and/or urgent hospitalization and must ensure the repatriation in case of serious illness.


For the religious:


  • Letter of assumption of responsibility (ndr. Lettera di presa in carico) released by the religious institute that will be hosting you and will be responsible for boarding and lodging, as well as for the insurance.
  • This letter has to be stamped by the local Bishop and Vatican authorities.


For lay people:


  • Autodeclaration in which stating you have sufficient financial means to support all expenses (tuition fees, insurance, rent…), possibly attaching certifying documents (i.e. scholarship, bank statement…).
  • Letter of hospitality either by the person hosting you or a copy of the rental lease,  plus a valid document of the owner.




Foreigners entering Italy for periods not to exceed 90 days, according to the Law no. 68/2007, whether or not subject to visa requirements, do not need to apply for a residence permit.


The residence permit has been replaced by a declaration of presence on Italian soil.


For foreign people coming from countries that do not apply the Schengen Convention, the obligation to make a declaration of presence is satisfied through application of the USV sticker on the travel document at the moment of border control.


Foreigners from countries that apply the Schengen Convention are required, on the other hand, to submit a declaration of presence within 8 days of arrival to the police headquarters (Questura) of the province in which he/she is staying, using the proper form.


For those staying in hotels and other reception facilities, the declaration of presence is handled by the reception facility upon check-in, a copy of which is supplied to the guest to be displayed to authorities upon eventual request.

You need to provide the following documentation:


  • Application for admission;
  • Copy of a document in course of validity;
  • Copy of the Curriculum Vitae and Studiorum  undertaken with marksheets enclosed.
  • Please remember that in order to complete your application, you will need to bring  the original documents with you.
  • Recommendation letter (lettera di presentazione) stating the good faith, the morality and the willing to study of the student signed according to conditions, as follows:
    • Lay students have to provide a recommendation letter signed and stamped by the Ordinary of their diocese;
    • All religious have to provide an authorization letter of their own Superior;
    • Clerics and seminarians have to provide an authorization letter of the Rector of the student’s College of residence;
    • Secular or religious priests living outside the Diocese of Rome must present the nihil obstat of their own Ordinary, which proves their diocesan incardination, or affiliation to a particular religious institute, and the place of their habitual residence;
    • Diocesan priests have to provide a letter signed and stamped by their bishop.
    • Those diocesan priests residing in Rome in a non officially authorized College need an authorization from the Office of Clerics, issued by the Vicariate of Rome.


Once arrived


Students must first go to their Faculty Office to fill out the registration forms and to check they have all the required documentation for registration.

At the time of registration, the student shall make a down payment of € 200,00 towards the academic fees for the appropriate semester. This payment may be made in one of the following ways: bank draft, debit/credit card, cheque or cash in the Administration Office.

After payment, students must exhibit the receipt of payment and formalize the registration at the General Secretariat.


For further details, please check on the Order of the Studies booklet available on the Angelicum’s website

Please check if your country belongs to the list of countries that have special agreements with EU countries on safety matters.


Our students generally subscribe a convenient insurance company called INA ASSITALIA that covers urgent hospitalization expenses.


If you have a double citizenship (a European and a Non European one), you will be asked to register according to the passport you used to enter the country.



Once you make the payment, on the very same day please send the receipt either by email or by fax to the Insurance Company, along with the copy of your passport and the address where the company can send you the policy by mail (it is advisable to add a phone number).



Fax number: +39 063613626


After sending the receipt of payment, please call the number (+39) 06 3611676 in order to verify they received everything. They also speak English.

Your insurance policy will become effective on the day you made the payment, starting from 12.00 AM.

Validity: your insurance policy validity depends on the residence permit expiry date. 


When around, bring always with you the receipt of payment, your residence permit and copy of the page of the policy showing the expiry date.
Hopefully not, but you might need them to prove you are covered by an insurance in case of urgent hospitalization!

Students in temporary stay can register at the Ufficio Anagrafe (Registry Office) as Temporary Present Citizens Registry (Schedario della Popolazione Temporanea).


It can be requested by:


  • Italian citizens who have been living for at least 4 months in a different city from the one of residence;
  • Third country nationals (not belonging to the EU countries), who have been living, in this case, in Rome for at least four months, but kept their residence abroad or in any other Italian municipality;
  • Eu citizens who have been living, in this case, in Rome for at least 3 months, but kept their residence abroad or in any other Italian municipality;
  • The registration in the Temporary Registry Office do not imply the release of any certificate.  The Registration is valid for one year, but Eu citizens can ask to prolongue the registration as long as they specify the reason for their request.



The Registry Office will issue the ‘Attestazione di Regolarità di iscrizione temporanea’ (temporary registration certificate) immediately and free of charge, stating the regularity of your temporary registration.

If you are looking for a place to stay in Roma, whether at private houses or religious institutes, please send an email at, specifying your budget and needs.